Sunday, April 25, 2010

Belated Birthday Greetings


Apparently it was Robin Hopper's birthday this past Friday. So, in celebration of his birthday, I am sharing these pictures of my visit (July 2008) to his pottery. Robin and his wife Judi Dyelle have their pottery just outside Victoria , on Vancouver Island, Canada. It is very easy to find if you are in the area. They have quite a good website here : http://www.chosinpottery.ca/pages/thepottery.html



This is where I found him, busy loading hundreds of test tiles into the kiln. He was in the midst of teaching a glaze development class.  Students were everywhere asking him questions while he was loading the kiln and visitors ( Jack and myself) were snooping around. Yet, he was still able to pause and muster up a smile . 


 Jack peering into the kiln which is located at the rear of the studio.


Robin and Judi have a magnificent garden which visitors are welcome to walk around and explore. These pictures don't do it justice. I think there are some much better ones on their website.


As you walk along the garden pathways there are wonderful treasures to discover !

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Beautiful pictures! Happy birthday Robin Hopper!

ladyofclay said...

Thanks, I have more... but, I didn't want to over do it. After all, these blogs are supposed to be all about me, me, me, me,... Nope, just can't do that.