Friday, February 13, 2009

maybe less glare here


This is the same never used, new dish. Less glare on the rim.
When I am compareing these pots to the ones that have been in use - in one case, for probably 5 years... I don't see a problem and I am bewildered.
I wish that I had taken the book this glaze came from with me to the meeting with the customer. The book is Mastering Cone 6 Glazes, by John Hesselberth and Ron Roy.
The name of the glaze is Variegated Slate Blue. There is a picture of a sake jug on page 88, for those of you that have this book... please look now, I'll wait !
For those of you that don't have the book ( why not ? - just kidding )here is the books web page with the picture I am refering to.
http://www.masteringglazes.com/Pages/glazeframe.html
O.K., where's the beef ?

No comments: