Friday, February 13, 2009

Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder


A customer recently contacted me about some concerns she had regarding pottery of mine that she has had for sometime. Her concern was that she felt the glaze was "wearing off". She used other words over the phone to describe what she felt was happening - "peeling" was the only other one I can remember right now... it was hard to concentrate with the blood pounding in my ears. I have used this glaze quite a bit and if it was starting to fail... it could be devastating to my business. I am posting some pictures here of two of the pieces that I have brought back to the studio with me after meeting with her. I will also post some pictures of pieces in my studio thatt have been glazed with the same glaze, over the same clay body but have never been used or subjected to any dishwasher abrasives, ect.
This first one is a 2 cup dip bowl I would estimate she has had this for at least two years and she says she uses these pieces "all the time". Over the phone she had also said that one of her concerns was that the glaze is a different color on the outside than the inside.

No comments: