Saturday, June 05, 2010

Deluge


Thursday afternoon we received a record amount of rain. In 2 hours there was 3.5 inches. Needless to say, the already soaked ground was not able to absorb any more. 
This first picture is taken looking toward the road at the south end of our yard.


Make a 180 degree turn to the west and you see this:


Now you are looking to the south along the line of grain bins:


East side of bins:


My sons 16 inch tall boots.



We didn't take any pictures out in the fields but there is water running everywhere, washouts and more damage. It'll be real difficult to get on the fields to finish an already late sowing season. 
Jeeze, what next !

p.s. - photo credit to my daughter, Caela.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

about darn time you gave me credit! lol yey!

Jenna said...

Oh my goodness! My jaw DROPPED! That is absolutely crazy.