Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Show and Tell

Last weekend marked my 14th year at Lloydminster's Christmas Craft Fair. 
( yeah, I know - not a very creative name for the show )
I have slowly been building a loyal clientele at this 3 day event. It is very gratifying that I have alot of repeat customers. They tell me that they love using my pots and the pots are standing up well to everyday use. That's what I am aiming for, function and enjoyment !

These photos were taken pretty quickly as I was packing to go.


1st version of this new design I was experimenting with. The edges of the inset design didn't really go with the shape of the cup so I made some changes...


I think this flowing edge works better.

not enough contrast here so I didn't make many of these

juice jug

handles are improving... on going project !

large gravy jug

handle on the same jug - I like the curve it has to it, but may not work for a lefty

squared 6" bowl
the contrast is too high in this picture - was better in person

baking dishes - always a good seller

really large casserole. 

I made several of these large bowls and they all sold. I had meant to keep one for myself !

large utensils container. I've been doing this glaze/deco for awhile now, even though it is quite finicky.
The brush work was done with one of Brandon Phillips brushes. If you need some new brushes I can recommend his !

levitating mug !


more baking dishes

large bowl
this one was better in person too.

hand built baking dishes

aprox. 4" square

aprox. 10" square by 4" deep hand built bowl.
It's always a big panic to get ready for this show. It comes so quickly after harvest that I am always promising myself to start earlier....
I have good intentions but I have things to get caught up with and,,, before you know it, it's christmas and then ... well, you know how it goes.

I go down to the "big city" tomorrow for some kind of neurology test on my wrists. It'll be good to know if it's carpal tunnel or not. I've been having trouble with my left shoulder and wrists for several years now and the MRI hasn't shown any rips or tears.
Wish me luck !
Happy Thanksgiving to all south of the 49th !







6 comments:

gz said...

get a sports physio onto those wrists especially using soft tissue release.
learn to massage hands and lengthen bits which have contracted

Trish said...

Colleen..what beautiful work!..It is all lovely and I really like the imprinted pieces...and the deco brush work technique? It looks like some actually have maple tree seed imprints?? all great!...good, good luck in Lloyd. and with your shoulder/wrists; I agree with gz, if you can get regular massages, it helps. (realizing, of course, that living 'in the country' does not make that easy sometimes :)..
Good luck with it all. T.

ladyofclay said...

Thanks for the comments and advise, ladies. I'll have to look into gz's reccomondations... not familiar with that.
The test was "shocking" they gave me a jolt along each nerve and watched me jump ! Results wont be back for 3-4 weeks, that of course will be Christmas, so I'm sure I won't hear anything untill the new year.

Trish said...

Yikes! with the 'shocking' bits..
re: your question on my site about knowing Phyllis and Vange...I replied on mine..:)..have a great day!

Trish said...

p.s, and re Barb. :)

Jenna said...

I didn't see the curvy/flowing design with the blue/green/brown leaves last time I was home - just the rectangle shape (which I remember really liking).... I LOVE the curvy design - goes really really well with the shape of the mugs & jugs!