Friday, August 20, 2010

Recent pots out of the kiln




small Ikebana vase

O.K., these are lousy pictures, and I know it. I am trying to improve them and if anyone would like to put some pointers in the comment section, please feel free to do so. I need to buy some proper lights and background stuff but I don't have an endless supply of money and don't know what and where to buy. I live in the "great white north" and there is not a photo supply store on every grid road here !

small shallow bowl, split lip, 6" diameter

Heres a couple of decorative  shallow plates. They look quite flat but they actually have a nice shallow curve to them.

they are each aprox. 11 to 12" in diameter




3 comments:

Trish said...

Colleen...Hi from Alberta! :)..hope you are well. Great pieces!..I love the impressions in all. I have made a couple of ikebana vases as well, but in two pieces which I seal together, but I like your piece - with a bit of dome in the top section. very nice..Where do you purchase the frogs? would appreciate the info.
Re: the lighting etc. for your pics. I do not know anything about that but SOMEWHERE in my 'stuff', I have some info on a lighting box which alot of the U.S. people use --will try to find that for you..
Cheers for now. Trish

Trish said...

Colleen...
It is ezcube.com
T.

ladyofclay said...

Thanks for that website Trish. There's some good equipment there... arrgh.... what to buy ??
I really don't want to spend the 400$ on the full meal deal package. Maybe I could get away with 3 bulbs and a backdrop ? Have to think on that some more.

This weather has been crazy. We got some of the BC smoke here too. Should have taken pictures.
Our crops look great - if it were the middle of July. Due to the cold wet summer, the crops are about 3 weeks delayed. We are usually swathing and combining now. We have already had two nights "with a risk of frost" forecast. Could be a very expensive fall. But I certainly am hoping for better weather and an 'indian summer'.